– Dungy said that Mike Shanahan can’t say he’s evaluating for next year after a loss. He said that a coach can think it, but he can’t say it.
Dungy said they’ve lost some big-play guys, like Pierre Garcon and Brian Orakpo, so they’re not as good as they were early in the season.
– Dan asked Dungy if he’d take the Bears and Falcons or the field to win the Super Bowl.
“I don’t see a team out there where you can say this team should win the Super Bowl,” Dungy said. Dungy said that Falcons could have lost at home to Dallas, Carolina and Oakland.
Dungy said the Bears are playing good football, but he’s a bit concerned about their ability to protect Jay Cutler.
– Dungy agrees with Dan that Andrew Luck belongs in the MVP race if the Colts make the playoffs. He said Luck is the significant difference between last year’s two-win team and this team.
– Dungy said Sean Payton will be in New Orleans next year.
– Dungy weighed in on Oregon. He said that Chip Kelly will definitely draw interest from the NFL. And he credited Kelly for succeeding without blue-chip recruits everywhere.